heritage seeds on offer

A member-only section allowing you to post seed swaps / requests. Please read rules before posting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

mandylew
KG Regular

I have to offer

crimson flowered broad bean seed, I saved these from my own plants grown last year from HSL seed **

climbing purple podded white seed french beans (again from last years HSL seed can't remember the name, no wonder these things get lost after a few generations!)

I am happy to send these out for a large stamped padded envelope, please pm me for address **while stocks last!!

Does anyone have a few giant onion, marrow or cabbage seeds I fancy trying to grow a big one!
Charles1
KG Regular

Mandylew

I planted Centurion sets last year and most of them were over a Pound and a half each.

Incidentaly, I grew some Physalis (Cape Gooseberry / Chinese Lanterns) In the Greenhouse and outside, and we made 4 jars of Marmalade from them. Very nice too.

Charles :D
garden_serf
KG Regular

I too was successful with growing Physalis last summer. Outside in a very sheltered sunny spot. Nearly a kilo in total from 5 plants in large pots. No signs of diseases either. They did take up a lot of space though. I cut off quite a bit of the leafy growth that was not being productive. I love the fruity, sharp & sweet taste!
I will consider making marmalade next time, sounds good....
Maybe a person's time would be as well spent raising food as raising money to buy food - Frank A. Clark.
Charles1
KG Regular

Don't forget Garden_Serf, Physalis is NOT an annual; the plants will grow again in the spring from last years roots, after you cut out the dead stems.

Charles.
garden_serf
KG Regular

Really! I ditched the lot :oops: because I moved house!!
Maybe a person's time would be as well spent raising food as raising money to buy food - Frank A. Clark.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic