Help!

A member-only section allowing you to post seed swaps / requests. Please read rules before posting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

OK not exactly a seed swap, but related. I have had disaster after disaster with my summer brassica plants & now it's time to look at sowing the autumn/winter ones! Some of the causes of the disasters, had four legs, (I've just let the cat off the naughty step); some just 2 legs, (Mr Westi is well clumsy); some none but loads of slime & I'm not liking the organic pellets where you don't see the dead guys - the dead guys are the cue to re-scatter.

Anyway it is a long shot, but do any of you have some poor pot bound summer plants that are not needed & not thinking of hearting up? Would love the trio, cabbage, cauliflower & calabrese but I know that is wishful thinking! I also know it is highly unlikely most of you sow more than required but hoping there is someone with fat thumbs that couldn't sow the wee seeds easily & like me was too soft to cull & not enough space to plant out! Obviously nothing available from the seed suppliers!

PM me if you can help, I will pay for any plants & P&P of course. I do have club root but willing to dig big holes just to have some summer crops as it would just seem so wrong buying a cabbage for the coleslaw!

Cheers in advance! X
Westi
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Sorry Westi I have given up growing summer planted brassicas, what the cabbage white caterpillars don't get, the pigeons finish before we can get near them. If you can get some seed I sow winter cabbages like Savoy at this time and plant out later in the summer when a lot of the caterpillars have gone, Dobies had seed when I was browsing the other day.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Colin2016
KG Regular

Have few greyhound cabbage if you want, have you checked out ebay though?

Did a quick check and notice one company from Dorset that says "We are a small sustainable permaculture education centre, due to postponing all physical courses, we have a supplus of seeds and plants from our market garden."
Westi
KG Regular

I got lucky with some Cauliflowers through a 2 back garden's chat with the old couple I leave veg for. They have been encouraged by my veg to make a little patch in their back garden. Obvs I was moaning at my loss & they surprisingly said they have some cauli plants left over as didn't realise how far they needed to be planted apart. Then later I had a shout at the back gate & had 4 plants on the wheelie bin & bigger surprise they are club root resistant as all the site they found had available!

Then I found some cabbages on 'a', (about page 100)! As yes bored silly with looking at candles & plant pots - how did candles get on the veg plant bit? Just proves my dedication to the mission, but they could be on page 100+ as total pants with plants, but no reviews or just newbies!

I am unfortunately banned from EBay - slight issue with a hack on my bank account & some Sombero's! Far too complicated to explain but decades ago & EBay objected to the fraud squad findings of the hack in relation to the Sombero's as 'not possible' with their security! Hmm? Still going with the bank findings!
Westi
Colin2016
KG Regular

Sent pm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic