Saving Seed

A member-only section allowing you to post seed swaps / requests. Please read rules before posting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

LisaW
KG Regular

My partner is interested in saving seed, and has asked (for his birthday!) for a set of seed sieves.

I've tried Googling, but all I can find are either soil sieves (with mesh far too large), or industrial (and very expensive) ones.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where I could get seed sieves?

Thanks very much!
alan refail
KG Regular

You could try asking Ben and Kate at Real Seeds for advice on where to buy.

[email protected]

http://www.realseeds.co.uk/index.html
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
LisaW
KG Regular

Thank you - I'll give it a try :-)

Lisa
LisaW
KG Regular

Real Seeds were very helpful, and their site is well worth a look. Aside from selling seeds, they also give a lot of information about saving your own seeds :-) I will be having a go at that later in the year.
alan refail
KG Regular

LisaW wrote:Real Seeds were very helpful, and their site is well worth a look. Aside from selling seeds, they also give a lot of information about saving your own seeds :-) I will be having a go at that later in the year.

That's good to hear. I know Ben and Kate from growing seed for them in the past. They are passionate about what they do and great advocates for saving seed. Best of luck in your future endeavours.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Janet K. Sullivan
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:You could try asking Ben and Kate at Real Seeds for advice on where to buy.

[email protected]

http://www.realseeds.co.uk/index.html

Ben was really helpful.
Thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic