To give away: Vegetables seeds (7 packets)

A member-only section allowing you to post seed swaps / requests. Please read rules before posting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

OscarSidcup
KG Regular

Hello

To give away - as one lot:

Radish - Mooli Mino Early (sow by 2019)
Fennel - Di Firenze (sow by 2020)
Kale - Curly Scarlet (sow by 2020)
Kale - Nero di Toscana (sow by 2020)
Choy Sum (sow by 2020)
Chard - Bright Light (sow by 2018)
Swede - Best of All (sow by 2020)

First come - first served

seeds01102016.jpeg
seeds01102016.jpeg (170.6 KiB) Viewed 10118 times
Nature is simply amazing
Instagram: @frankinkent
Primrose
KG Regular

That's a kind offer Oscar but my seed packet box is already overflowing with more seeds than I can use and space I have in which to grow them !
OscarSidcup
KG Regular

I know me too!!!! I need to make space as the seed catalogs have now started to arrive and I hope these will find a good home (garden)!
Nature is simply amazing
Primrose
KG Regular

I normally take my spare seed packets down to our local library and leave them on the counter for any anybody who wants to help themselves.
OscarSidcup
KG Regular

ah, good tip, thank you! :D
Nature is simply amazing
Monika
KG Regular

Every year I have a great surplus of seeds (at the moment it's 24 packets of flower seeds and 35 packets of vegetable seeds, all from this year and still viable), all received free from Kitchen Garden and the other two monthly and one weekly gardening magazine we buy. Some are gratefully received by our allotment neighbours, but the bulk I give to a local nursery which trains youngsters and adults with learning difficulties. Hopefully, they will be able to use them or sell them for their funds.

It's a shame, I think, that these seeds come with magazines - attaching them alone must addd to the cost even if the packets themselves are provided by the seed companies as advertisement. They are mostly varieties which I would not/cannot grow so they are wasted on me.
OscarSidcup
KG Regular

Hi Monica

Two monthly and one weekly! Wow, this is now giving me ideas...
I actually like the free seeds as it triggers some ideas of growing things I would not have brought in the first place (cosmos, red sunflowers, courgettes to name a few), but indeed there are many I am not interested in (cabbage, swede and chard for example), so that's why i was trying to find a new home for them. Never mind.
I'll try my local library (still open but the council threatening to close it) and if not, will look for a charity - thanks for the tip!
O.
Nature is simply amazing
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I really like the free seeds. I've got some of the larkspur and other flowers pricked out and growing on for next year and a lovely crop of bright lights chard. I've even got a second crop of water cress from the ones I grew from last years'free seeds that have self seeded I the greenhouse border.

We do seem to get a lot of the same ones though. Good idea about taking them to the library.
Westi
KG Regular

I love the free seeds, can't wait to see what I have each month, some are new to me, but even the standard ones are great to have. Our hospital volunteers make baskets each year to raffle for Xmas. I buy the odd hand tool & give them some of the seeds to start off the gardeners basket, usually in a plastic trug basket but one year in a proper wooden one.

Thing is I buy tickets in this one, so could potentially could win my stuff back! :oops: Not interested in the spa days ones, but the chocolate one is very tempting. Ring your local hospital & ask for the volunteers & see what they think Oscar.

Westi
Westi
OscarSidcup
KG Regular

Thanks I'll try that avenue as well.

Just thought I would share my latest funny for a giggle... I googled 'seeds give away'... Got lots of links for free cannabis seeds. Euh, I think not! :roll: i'll stick to tomatoes 'n all. :D
Nature is simply amazing
Pa Snip
KG Regular

local school, playgroup that has a small garden area
or a adult group that provides gardening for people with physical or mental disability.

Any of those would be glad of the gift of seeds I should have thought.

Can't be that difficult to give away surely

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

Oscar, just a point of interest but in Spain you are allowed 2 cannabis plants per person and it's legal the expat s in our village make the most of it one guy has two plants for every member of his family , my wife and myself are the odd ones we don't bother with any
dan3008
KG Regular

interestingly (on the topic of canabis seeds), selling the seeds isnt illegal in the uk. As long as they are sold as "decorative" not growing seeds...

You can also grow it in the uk as long as you only grow enough for "reasonable personal use" which amounts to about one plant per 5 people...
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Westi
KG Regular

Really legal? Decorative?

Hmm - don't think the lottie neighbours would be too impressed even if I fully appreciate the health benefits to some with specific conditions.

Westi
Westi
dan3008
KG Regular

yeh westi.. its daft. technically the seeds can be sold as decorative (so you can have the seeds in a jar on your mantle without growing them)
As for growing the plants. Although the law allows it, its so strict on what constitutes "reasonable personal use" that in reality its not legal.

you want health benefits... When I worked at my local hospital, the palliative care ward had its own garden, and whenever I walked past all I could smell was that... Needless to say, no one in aseptics ever volunteered to deliver there, because it left us light headed for ages
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic