To give away: Flower and Herbs seeds (7 packets)

A member-only section allowing you to post seed swaps / requests. Please read rules before posting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

OscarSidcup
KG Regular

Hello

To give away - as one lot:

Larkspur - Giant Imperial Mixed (sow by 2019)
Sweet Pea - Tall Mixed (sow by 2018)
Nigella - Love in a Mist / Persian Jewels (sow by 2019)
Calendula - Art Shades (sow by 2019)
Dill (sow by 2019)
Basil - Red Leaved (sow by 2019)
Rosemary (sow by 2019)

First come - first served!

seedsflowerherbs01102016.jpeg
seedsflowerherbs01102016.jpeg (177.13 KiB) Viewed 9923 times
Nature is simply amazing
Instagram: @frankinkent
OscarSidcup
KG Regular

These seeds have now found a new happy garden. Thank you
Nature is simply amazing
Pawty
KG Regular

Hi,

Glad they found a home!

Your photo made me think, as I also have the free seeds (along with many more - I am a seedaholic) - has anyone ever tried to grow herbs such as Rosemary or thyme from seed?? Would you ever try? Rosemary - I would always take cuttings, and thyme, I would buy small plants?

The thyme you buy in supermarkets is I assume grown from seed as its not woody like the ones you buy in a garden centre.

Pawty
OscarSidcup
KG Regular

I must confess I have not and don't think I will. My thyme and rosemary in my herb garden are from the supermarket, as well as my tarragon (plant brought back from France this summer). I believe they are perennials so should be all set unless some disaster happens... I only grow parsley, coriander and basil from seeds. And I am in awe of the basil, it looks like it is on steroid. Keeps on giving! And so tall, yet still super tasty.
Nature is simply amazing
Westi
KG Regular

I've grown thyme from seed, about end July I put some seed in the planters at home as the thyme in them was a bit leggy & scraggy. (It was supermarket bought). Sprinkled in the really tiny seeds in & they have germinated and are now about 2 inches tall, quite please really, as took quite a while to appear.

Westi
Westi
Elmigo
KG Regular

Pawty wrote:Hi,

Glad they found a home!

Your photo made me think, as I also have the free seeds (along with many more - I am a seedaholic) - has anyone ever tried to grow herbs such as Rosemary or thyme from seed?? Would you ever try? Rosemary - I would always take cuttings, and thyme, I would buy small plants?

The thyme you buy in supermarkets is I assume grown from seed as its not woody like the ones you buy in a garden centre.

Pawty

I have succesfully grown both thime and rosemary from seed. The plants did not get very large and barely survived the first winter but it worked fine!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic