WANTED - Porophyllum coloratum

A member-only section allowing you to post seed swaps / requests. Please read rules before posting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Stonecoloured
KG Regular

Good afternoon all,

Does anyone have any Porophyllum coloratum seeds to swap?

I've got a lot of tomato, chilli, pepper, squash and other veg seeds to swap.

Happy to give you a list if you have Porophyllum coloratum.

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I'd never heard of this before, but looked it up on the Real Seeds web site. It sounds good for a warm sunny corner. Might give it a try next year. Sorry can't help with any seeds.
Stonecoloured
KG Regular

No worries :)
I hadn't heard about it before either&can't find much about growing it (apart from its meant to be easy). Realseeds have a minimum order&I'm up to my neck in seeds... but this one peeked the interest!
Monika
KG Regular

Chiltern Seeds also sell it, Stonecoloured. I don't know whether they have a minimum order.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Chiltern Seeds don't have a minimum order, but the postage is £1.99 if the order is under £30......and it's free if it's over £30.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Stonecoloured
KG Regular

Just bitten the bullet and bought it! Also got some funny looking tomatoes ('Reisetomate' Pocketbook Vine Tomato) and some sweetcorn.

If it's as "good" as people say, I'll put some seeds up on here, for swap, after its 1st year.

From the Guardian website : http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... -up-summer
"The herb papalo (Porophyllum coloratum) is used in salsa and bean dishes, imparting a citrus-coriander flavour, though the first hit when eaten on its own is perfumed and slightly soapy with a hint of rue (and an almost skunk-like smell). You may think, "Yuck!" but come back for more. It works best as a coriander substitute in salsas and goes well with tomatillo, adding a piquant flavour no amount of imported lime can impart."

Mainly interested in the coriander flavour!
Tigger
KG Regular

Count me in. What would you like in return?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic