Wanted \CLILBRANS VICTORY Tomato.

A member-only section allowing you to post seed swaps / requests. Please read rules before posting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Shallot Man
KG Regular

Hi all. not certain if I have the name the right way around. Half a dozen seeds would be most welcome. shallotman. :?
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Thankyou Nature's Babe, they might be them. shallotman :D
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Hi Shallotman, There is an article in the new Garden Organic members' magazine about the Clibran's Victory tomato. It was introduced by Clibran's Ltd seed merchants of Altrincham, Cheshire in 1918 and commercially grown for many years. It is no longer sold commercially but is obtainable from the Heritage Seed Library, so may be on offer in their next catalogue if you join, or know someone who is a member.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING. Many thanks.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Shallot Man wrote:Hi all. not certain if I have the name the right way around. Half a dozen seeds would be most welcome. shallotman. :?

The above are in fact called "Clibrans Victory" introduced in 1918 & commercially available until the late 1950's. Having a thin skin,were not a lot of good in a COMMERCIAL GRADING MACHINE.] now that speaks volumes ]OK in a glasshouse or outside in a sunny position. Grew this last year outside on my allotment. More than pleased. Have a very few seeds spare. email first please. shallotman
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Shallot Man wrote:
Shallot Man wrote:Hi all. not certain if I have the name the right way around. Half a dozen seeds would be most welcome. shallotman. :?

The above are in fact called "Clibrans Victory" introduced in 1918 & commercially available until the late 1950's. Having a thin skin,were not a lot of good in a COMMERCIAL GRADING MACHINE.] now that speaks volumes ]OK in a glasshouse or outside in a sunny position. Grew this last year outside on my allotment. More than pleased. Have a very few seeds spare. email first please. shallotman
Primrose
KG Regular

Sallotman. Hope you are able to obtain some seeds and run a trial. Always interested to hear how people get on with new varieties.

I,ve always regarded thin skinned tomatoes as having a disadvantage from a keeping point of view but some of the new supermarket cherry plum tomatoes veer in totally the opposite direction. However they do seem to store well. I don,t keep my tomatoes in the fridge and being stored in a warming kitchen does test their keeping ability. Can anybody list the main advantages of a thin skinned tomato?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic