Jemmer Courgette

If you've found the information on the seed packet to be sadly lacking, this is the place to find out more, or add your comments!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Colin Miles
KG Regular

This nice looking courgette has, unfortunately, suffered very badly in the wet weather due to what, if it were a tomato, I would describe as blossom end rot and consequently all the fruit has gone bad. In contrast, Partenon has not suffered at all. Useful to have more than one variety to compare.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Hi Colin, I've been thinking about what variety(s) to grow next year. I usually grow Verde di Italia which is very productive and a good flavour, but I've only grown it in the greenhouse this year, so no problems, its still producing like mad, but is now three quarters of the way across the greenhouse and I've got to climb over it to get to the tomatoes.

I was thinking about getting Parthenon as I've seen it recommended in a few places. Is it a good flavour?
Colin Miles
KG Regular

Yes - Partenon very good flavour. Quite compact variety as well. Brought a couple in pots in the greenhouse to have early fruits and later planted them out together with another raised later with the Jemmer. All did well except Jemmer.
Deb P
KG Regular

I have tried Jemmer several times and remain unimpressed. I either lost plants early, or they cropped miserably. Last year I grew 'Parador', another yellow variety, as was most impressed. Good yields and the foliage remianed more compact and 'bush' like, instead of trailing. That is what I shall be growing again this year! :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic