Raised Beds

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

HayLift
KG Regular

Hey all, I'm new here and also new at home growing.

I run a concrete manufacturing company and a three or four years ago we created a display area to show off our products.

We made two raised beds with fence posts and concrete wood effect panels and placed some plants in them and they became a bit wild so the other day I decided to pull everything out and top them up with some fresh compost.

Whilst looking around at the local car boot sale, I came across a few stalls selling plants, I was trying to decide what to plant in the beds and then found some vegetables and decided I might as well make use of the beds and grow some veg.

Not only is this (hopefully) giving me and the other staff something to look forward to, it also shows another use for our products.

I'll be honest I have no idea what I'm up to but I bought the latest copy of KG and got some good advice so I've subscribed to it now and thought I'd join the forums too.

I've attached a couple of photos of the raised beds.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (227.06 KiB) Viewed 3021 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (1008.97 KiB) Viewed 3021 times
Kleftiwallah
KG Regular

I've made quite a few raised beds from paving slabs/flags on edge and held in with a ring of welded angle iron round the top. I like the corner posts. Cheers, Tony.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic