Polytunnel Woes

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Geoff
KG Regular

Thanks for that. I'm in Lowgill. If you put LA2 8QZ into http://maps.google.co.uk/ , select satellite and expand to the left of the green arrow the pattern of concrete paths is my veg garden.
Catherine
KG Regular

Went on to Google Earth so I am hoping that I have the right place. It looks a lovely area and you have a large plot by the look of it.
Catherine
KG Regular

The mice have eaten most of my beans (twice) my sweet peas, and disturbed my nasturtiums. I now have a metal staging which used to be one of those small four shelf polytunnels which you can buy everywhere. We used to have it on our patio before I got the polytunnel. Last year I threw the cover away because it was ripped. I cant get a replacement because we have had it a long time and they dont make them that big anymore. Just come back from my plot where there is another dead mouse in the trap. Tomorrow I will continue to do my planting. I have been to Wilkinsons and bought some covers for my trays and hopefully if things get going I might be able to get back the three weeks I have lost due to the meeces problem.
Catherine
KG Regular

This week I found an old a frame metal clothes dryer so I have put it up in the polytunnel and carefully placed several light weight boards to make shelves and it is holding about six trays. Quite please with my recycling. :D I am now looking for new ideas for staging. Also caught another mouse (6)
Catherine
KG Regular

Bought a pack of staging from Argos. £13.99 for two pack. They are quite sturdy though not a wide as a tray length ways I am hoping that the mice wont climb up them. I bought a pack from Woolworths which was £9.00 but there in only one set of staging in it but it is sturdier that the Argos pack.
Monika
KG Regular

Catherine, you are not far from Colne, are you? Do you ever shop at LBS at Cottontree? They have a wonderful selection of all kinds of traps, staging, pots, trays, cloches, fleece, polythene sheets etc. Well worth going to. Their website is lbsgardenwarehouse.co.uk
Catherine
KG Regular

Thanks Monika. We are quite close to LBS but for some reason we completely forget about them. I will go and see what they have on offer on Friday. Where are you in Skipton? We shop there regularly. Love the place.
Monika
KG Regular

We are actually in Embsay, Catherine, about 35 minutes sharp walk from Skipton. And our allotment is on a steep southwest facing slope from where we can clearly see Pendle Hill (with some snow on it today!), about 14 miles away in Lancashire.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic