Greenhouse insulation

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Peejo
KG Regular

I have a new, this spring, greenhouse and prior to raising seedlings and cuttings I wish to use bubble wrap for `double glazing` insulation. Having bought the material (99p for a 1 x 1 1/2 metre length ) and those little green fixing clips I am wondering whether it is best to fit it horizontily or perpendicularly. Also the ends of the greenhouse are posing a problem as the aluminium glazing bars have nowhere to clip the said fixing clips. Is there a better alternative to sellotape, bluetac or instant glue!! Any suggestions from you with experience with this problem would be very welcome. Peejo
Costs no more to keep a pedigree than a mongrel!
Allan
KG Regular

I have Hartley Botanic greenhouse which is not standard on glazing bars.It has a central groove on each bar into which you can screw self-tapping screws so I have put wooden strips fixed with these screws, thus I now have wood for drawing pins.Perhaps you can do something similar even if it means drilling holes in your bars.
Allan
madasafish
KG Regular

I find clear sealing tape (for mending glass from DIY) ideal for fixing bubble insulation to any part of a greenhouse (But be careful: it sticks very well)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic