Tunnel too damp!

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Anyone got any ideas to dry out the tunnel a bit. With all the rain it is continuously damp inside where it seeps under the buried cover, luckily only on the outer edges for about 1' or slightly more. I still have to water the inner edges. I have green algae stuff on the soil & white fluffy mildew on the chillies that I was overwintering in there for next year, which had to go in the compost as it went into the stems & rotted them.

Now the automatic vent works and mostly the max temp in there is enough to open them for a bit, but the minimum temp just hoovers around 1 - 2C so I can't leave the door open as can't get down to close them with the erratic nature of work. I was wondering if I bought some of those little plastic room dehumidifiers with the grain cat litter looking stuff in them?

Any ideas as also rotting the last celery & the fennel?
Westi
robo
KG Regular

I wouldn’t bother westi one warm day and it will be bone dry, I only watered my pollytunnel about four times last year ,I would test the soil each morning it would be damp enough to keep every thing happy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic