Greenhouse cleanser advice please.

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

peter
KG Regular

Any advice on the best greenhouse cleaning substance(s)?

Having re-assembled and glazed my 12'x8' I'm having trouble seeing out due to algae, moss, lichen and sticky glue from a former reaident rose. :oops:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Chez
KG Regular

Hello Peter - don't know if it's the right product or not, but we cleaned ours with Jeyes Fluid (diluted according to instructions on the tin), then just hosed off. It came up gleaming.
The cow is of the bovine ilk
One end is moo, the other, milk.
Tigger
KG Regular

That's what I use to clean the tunnels each year too.
Geoff
KG Regular

Each year I clean the greenhouse by spraying it with hot Jeyes fluid that creates a good fug. While it is like that I smoke it with a sulphur candle, leave it shut up for a week then wash it down. Might not be practical at this time of year if you've got autovents. By the way anything not stainless steel rusts with this regime.
Carole B.
KG Regular

If you have green on the outside of the glass go out on a rainy day with a long handled soft broom and a bucket of warm water with washing up liquid in and methodically clean each section starting at the top.You will find that the rain has pre-softened the algae and it's not difficult to get off,if you need to then rinse with clear water.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic