SEED SUPPLIERS

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Compo
KG Regular

Just thought it would be good to find out how people are getting on with Mail order seeds and plants. I am now 2 weeks waiting for a dobies seed order, wondered how other suppliers and growers are getting on?
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Primrose
KG Regular

Still rummaging through my seed boxes and trying to useup,old supplies. Grateful for the various freebie seed packets from the magazine which I've shared with friends who,ve been finding it difficult to get seeds this spring with garden centres closed. Think there,s going to be a spike in home veggie growing this year with people concerned about long term vegetable supplies.
Last edited by Primrose on Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen
KG Regular

I haven't made any orders recently but received the asparagus crowns I ordered.
I have a box full of seed packets, I'm aiming to plant everything this year!
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
vivienz
KG Regular

I ordered some from Kings Seeds yesterday. The website was only open for a few hours (I received an email notification that it was open) and it's closed again until the 20th to give them a chance to process the orders. I guess that their staff are fewer in numbers and having to keep their distance, etc. so not sure how long it will take to arrive.
My neighbour has a sister who runs a commercial nursery supplying the likes of Wilko and Primrose. She says that over recent years they have been on the brink of bankruptcy many a time, but this year is like Christmas for them but with no end in sight at the moment.
I hope my seeds from Kings don't take too long to arrive. I recently discovered the delicious joy of pea shoots and my little mange tout plants are in mortal peril until the pea seeds specifically for pea shoots arrive and get going as I can't resist pulling off a leaf and having a taste. More often than I should.
Westi
KG Regular

I got my Kings seeds in about a 10 days & Pennard Plants in slightly less. I have club root on the plot so wanted the resistant brassica's from Kings & wanted some Australian Butter squash from Pennard's as my saved ones got cooked accidentally! Obviously I lost all self control & ordered other stuff & maybe they process the bigger orders first as more profit? (I'm a seed addict & easily tempted)! All the big boys seem to have stopped taking orders! I hope my sweet potato slips come as I ordered early after last years success in the tunnel. Neighbour was told not a chance - more politely than that obviously!
Westi
Muddyboot68
KG Regular

I used dobies last year and phoned the order to them, when my phone bill arrived I found an additional charge for the 0345 number so I will not be using them again or any others that use 0345.
Monika
KG Regular

My favourite is DT Brown though I have no experience with them lately, only during 'normal' times. Ordering on line is dead easy and all the stuff, especially seeds, arrives very quickly.
Compo
KG Regular

There are a few random suppliers on e bay that are quite cheap. So i have ordered some tomatoe and salad seeds with a delivery for mid next week ....post dependant!!4
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic