Louvre problem

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

peter
KG Regular

On my re-assembling greenhouse one of the louvre units has a fastener popped out of one of the two levers it holds together, which form part of the opening/closing handle/system.

Should I try re-inserting and peaning (?) it out a bit, or should I drill it out and use a fresh rivit?

Advice please.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

I am not clear which part of the opener you are referring to. As far as I am aware the only opener on the market for louvre vents is made by Thermoforce. This is joined to the mechanism proper by a pin with a plastic clip to hold it in place. I lost 2 of these clips so substituted a longnail for the pin and this seems adequate.
If the original used a pop rivet it seems a simple job to put in a new one. The rivets are cheap and the tool is an affordable price for any handyman.
If you are talking about a manual lever I have a number of these surplus as I have automatic vents throughout, I could supply one but the only rivet there is between the lever and the mounting bracket.
Do you have the capability to send a photograph of your problem?
A quick fix would be a screw with nylock nut if there is sufficient room.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic