Greenhouse Glazing

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

dan3008
KG Regular

Last winter, my old glass greenhouse smashed when next door kicked a football over a 6" fence, between an apple and a cherry tree, and across into the wall of my greenhouse :( Normally, only the one pane would have smashed, but since I'd botched it together a number of times, that one pane smashing caused the whole thing to collapse... The only saving grace, no plants (or people) inside as it was mid winter, and all my salad crops were in a cold frame :)

So, now with my new shed, I got a bit of a lean to frame, that I want to glaze up to replace my old greenhouse. Anyone know of a good budget supplier of either safety glass, or polycarbonate? I'd actually prefer smaller panels if available, as then I can replace my cracked cold frame while I'm at it.

If I've missed any important info, please ask, Its 10 PM here, and I haven't slept in 2 nights because of little one teething, so I'm a bit scatter brained
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
robo
KG Regular

Try local double glazing company's they may have polycarbonate conservatory roofing sheets lying around they get damaged or measured regularly they will be triple walled the modern ones are 28mms thick but great for a green house
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

There's a glass company in an industrial bit on the right hand side down Clay Wheels Lane, Sheffield and they will cut it to whatever size you want. I got a few replacement panes for my greenhouse there. Sorry I can't remember their name. There are some good companies on line that sell all different strengths and thicknesses of polycarbonate and don't charge too much for delivery.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic