Any idea what was causing this noise

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Primrose
KG Regular

We were in some woodlands in Sussex over Easter, quite close to some water and heard a terrific "whooping" noise up in a tree which sounded rather like an animal snuffling in water. There were a number of magpies circling around the tree but there was too much foliage to see what creature was making the noise. We wondered whether it might have been either a nesting duck, or possibly a woodpecker which was being disturbed but as we've never heard any sound anywhere near like it before, can't imagine what it was. Any ideas?
glallotments
KG Regular

A howler monkey? Sorry that was facetious :lol:
Diane
KG Regular

'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

Thanks Diane but sadly could access the site as I got the message "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (webhttp) isn't associated with any program." I tried a couple of variants but they didn't work either.
John
KG Regular

I think 'web ...... site' has somehow got into this address.
Try:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/science/birdsong.shtml

Hope this works
Always glad to help another Firefox user
John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic