Pet rabbit question

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Essexboy
KG Regular

We have finally succumbed to my daughters requests and now we have a pet rabbit, and I must admit, I find that he is quite an amusing little chap (this from someone more used to shooting them!) my question is, we have a splendid hutch and outside run for him, but without thinking, we wnt ahead and treated the lawn with weed and feed with a combined moss and broad leaf weedkiller. My question is, how soon, if at all, would it be safe to put the run on the lawn.
Regards, Essexboy.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Evening Essexboy, i think with something as important as that, i would phone the company and ask them directly.

Sorry not to be of more help but, that's something i would want to be sure of.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Yes, I think it's right to check with the company. The Weed & Feed stuff we occasionally put on our lawn suggests that cuttings should not be put on the compost heap for at least 6 cuttings, so at this time of year that would suggest it takes at least six weeks for the after effects to grow out of the grass. However, where the wellbeing of animals are concerned, I think it's better to check direct with the manufacturers. apart from the granules possibly be unsafe to digest, there could always be a chance that they could cause burning or inflammation to the animals feet and other bodily areas in contact with them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic