Rocky update

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Chantal
KG Regular

For all those fans of my lovely Rocky...

As you may recall, Rocky moved to Worcestershire just over a year ago and is living the high life with around 60 girls, all of whom adore him. I had an update from one of his new staff (Richard) yesterday, so thought I'd share this with you.

(For anyone who has no idea what we're talking about
viewtopic.php?t=1878&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5449
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6433)

Rocky shares his hen house with 6 ladies (make that concubines), the 6 that he was with when he first arrived, others are chased out by the aforementioned ladies. The other 54 girls have to sleep in hen house number two and considering that both hen houses are the same size...

He's fathered in excess of 100 chicks, and is still very keen on the ladies; less keen on the bad weather as they've not wanted to go outside much and he can't chase them around and get his wing over so easily in the chicken shed. He also stands around on one leg at a time in the ice and snow rather than getting both feet cold.

His favourite food is now tomatoes and as he lives with a bunch of rare breed animals that the village people regularly visit, they bring him bags of the things. The local baker also lobs stale bread over the fence (as he's driving by!) which Rocky is also pretty fond of; no white sliced for him any longer.

During the really cold weather a fox broke in and took one of his chickens (the poor fox was starving by the sound of it), ate it then came back for more to be met by a furious Rocky who apparently chased the fox and gave it a good pecking until it fled. He's already seen off a buzzard and killed a crow, but with people he's a little darling.

Rocky is on constant patrol looking after his girls, and stands next to Richard facing them when the food is being dished out. He calls to them all to make sure they all get some food before he gets his beak in there; ever the gentleman.

I do wish I still had him with me when I hear about him, but I'm very happy that he's so happy and clearly adored. "Our pride and joy" Richard calls him, says it all really. :wink:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Chantal, thank-you for updating us with this fantastic news.
He really does seemed to have settled into the most perfect life.
I'm sure Rocky's good nature to people, is all down to you, with all the kindness you showed him in his early stages of life when he needed it most. There's not many people that would have cared for him like that.

I even felt a touch jealous at times. :) :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

Dear Chantal

Good to hear the old lad is going strong and his seed is still fruitful :wink:
glallotments
KG Regular

That's a lovely story - a true romance
Primrose
KG Regular

It's lovely to hear news that he's still doing so well and very kind of his new owners to keep you updated.

When you consider what a rough start he had in life, he's certainly justified all your loving care. he's certainly a brave fellow standing up to that fox. Do hope you'll one day have a chance to go and visit him. I wonder if he will recognise you? Perhaps it will be even worse for you if he does because you'll want to gather him up in your arms and take him home again ......!
Chantal
KG Regular

I'm very lucky in that Richard who has him now, is our photocopy supplier and maintenance guy, so everytime he visits the office (around once a month) I can get an update on Rocky. I don't always see him and don't always have time for a chat, but updates are fairly regular. Richard and his family are as besotted with Rocky as Seedling and I were :lol:

I can visit any time I like, but haven't done so yet. Perhaps I will this year, but as you say, I might want to bring him home :?
Chantal

pongeroon
KG Regular

And he's so lucky having the Village People visit him regularly.
Does anyone from the YMCA ever turn up?? :D
Chantal
KG Regular

HaHaHa :lol: :lol:
Chantal

Franksmum
KG Regular

Thanks for the update, it's great to hear he's doing so well now!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic