the house has landed

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Seedling, these Hens seem too good to be true, not only have you got to talk to me more, there's eggs, and now fertilizer for the garden. :twisted: :wink:

Where will it all end. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
peter
KG Regular

seedling wrote:... my 3 chickens.....are in their house settling in....

Seedling, what colour scheme did you decorate the house to and what soft furnishings did you buy for Hattie, Mabel and Ruby?

Are you sure that they can live with the lime green scatter cushions, orange easy chairs and pink wallpaper with electric blue stripes that OH advised? :lol:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
alan refail
KG Regular

Congratulations on the first egg (or, rather, to her who laid it :) ).

Have you eaten it? It will the best egg you ever tasted.
seedling
KG Regular

I think I will leave the interior decor for a week or so . That way they can have a good think about what they would really like. I might give them an ikea catalogue though to give them some ideas. :wink:

Seedling
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Seedling, that will mean more flat packs for you to make up. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

seedling,hows it going with the triplets?
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
seedling
KG Regular

Its going great thanks Grock. Got 2 eggs today. So exciting. Went to shut the door tonight cos they had taken themselves to bed and 2 of them got up and came outside to see what i was walking up the garden for :roll: Then i had to stand out of sight until they had gone back in again . Like putting liitle kids to bed again and standing on the landing waiting to see if they get out of bed after they think you`ve gone downstairs.

Great fun :D

Seedling
Primrose
KG Regular

Oooah. I do so envy you. Hope they give you a lot of pleasure. Went to visit an acqaintance last week-end who had just taken delivery of four chickens and even after just a couple of days they were running around her large garden as if they owned it. Am still pondering whether I could accommodate just 3 chickens in our smallish garden. Can anybody direct me to a website which sells these plastic arks with small extension runs. All I could find in my searches were wooden arks.
Gilly C
KG Regular

I guess you are talking about Eglus made by omlett, no not a joke, whilst they look good they are expensive I would suggest you make your own especially if you are handy with wood or know someone who is I keep 12 in a playhouse bought from Focus at the end of the season for less than £100 then of course there is the run !
seedling
KG Regular

hi primrose. You can buy second hand eglus on ebay and on the omlet forum site. My garden is very small and an eglu, run and 3 chickens fit nicely.

Seedling :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic