Bird flu

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

What I'm worried about is that like the poultry keeper JohnBoy knows, we will end up with either the LA or Defra round eventually sticking their noses in. Like John I have no confidence that a bird flu problem would be handled any better than foot and mouth was and a panic cull will take place.

What made me mad was that I was trying to be a resposible owner and recently fixed the roof on specifically so my girls are at no risk from contact with wild bird droppings. Unfortunately free range for our little bantams was never an option due to the number of cats, foxes and Red Kites round us, but they have a good life, are well looked after and are as fit as fiddles.

Bonkers neighbour throws about a ton of bird seed around every day so has a patio that is pigeon poop heaven and even has rats under her shed because of all the free nosh about. Surely more of a health risk???? Tried reasoning with her but the power of media hysteria is greater than reason on this one :roll:

Sue
Sue
KG Regular

That was me - forgot to log on (again..) :oops:

Sue
Tel
KG Regular

Off Topic I know, but JohnBoy's Leylandii probs. have nothing to do with his LA.
You do require a licence from the Forestry Commission to fell a tree if it is greater than 10 cu m in volume. That is one big bl**dy tree!

On the bird flu front, I thought I'd caught it last week. Went to the docs. who asked why.
I replied that I'd started wearing makeup, started talking bo**ocks & can't reverse the car.

I'll get my coat!
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Tel,
I'm afraid that it was the LA Tree Preservation Officer who got snotty with me. Or more to the point whoI got snotty with. I live 11/2 miles outside a preservation area and the LA try very hard to keep everything as it was in the approaches to the PA.
The person Snooping around my Mates Poultry the other day was from Herefordshire Council but do not know from which department he was from.
Pop back to the Doctor's as I am concerned about you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
JB.
Sue
KG Regular

Tel you cheeky monkey :shock: Nice to have a laugh about bird flu though. Counter acts all the flipping rubbish coming my way at the moment. Latest from neighbourhood nutter is that she is at risk because my hens will pass it to me and I'll infect my house and garden and then the postman will bring it to her house - wot????? :?

Just going to take a few losers like this to get on to the council and we'll have a town wide cull.

Sue

looks like the Irish have got involved, theyve bombed the cannary islands.
Tigger
KG Regular

Should take exception to the female link and the Irish connection, but as both are funny and pertinent to me - happy to give up my PC application.

OK - bring it on.

What's next?!
Chantal
KG Regular

Bombing Turkey I suppose...
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
pigletwillie
KG Regular

All of a sudden I have started wearing make up, talking b*llocks and cant parallel park my car.

Does this mean that I have "bird" flu?
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Losos
KG Regular

Hello John Boy,
Re. your statement about the LA - I'm amazed at your restraint :) I think I would have been unable to resist punching him in the face. Here in Czechland (officially Czech Republic & now a full member of the EU) there is no planning rules or regulations. This makes for some pretty ugly town dwellings but in the sticks (Where we are) everyone just does the sensible thing. I'm felling some trees on our land which may or may not be part of the landscape, but there are diseased, very old, and they have to go. I ain't told no one :D
Regards
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic