WORMERY ANYONE ?

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Glad your worms are doing OK, I always put a newspaper on top of the kitchen waste to keep it moist and they seem to like that.
robo
KG Regular

I've decided to take the plunge after months of deliberating today I've ordered a womery I've read most of the posts on the thread but anyone could give me some tips I would be grateful
mr-cecil
KG Regular

What have you ordered, out of interest?
robo
KG Regular

I've ordered a worm city wormery ,the four tray one with 500 gram of worms
Pawty
KG Regular

Hi,

I've just been listening to the bbc coverage of the world record breaking 'Dave the worm' this morning - 40cm! Robo - not sure you would fit too many of those in your wormery, but I reckon some worms that size would make some great compost very quickly! I'll be keeping my eye peeled when digging to see if I can find any which could enter the record books.

Pawty
robo
KG Regular

Pawty I heard it myself it was found around five miles from our plot ,widnes was and still is a town surrounded by chemical factories it's not a very scenic place maybe the chemicals in the air have breed something extraordinary
mr-cecil
KG Regular

Robo,
How are you getting on with it?
robo
KG Regular

At present nothing seems to be happening I've put it in the pollytunnel until the frosts have finished I've not had any juice of it and the worms are not playing
mr-cecil
KG Regular

I took a few months before I got some juice out of mine. I've have about 5 litres since about June. You might want to wrap it up if you've got it outside. I've put mine in the garage for winter.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic