Badgers

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Chantal
KG Regular

We appear to have badgers in our garden. There's massive hole appeared under our fence with next door and their garden has direct access to the nature reserve behind us. I'm going to set up the wildlife camera to be sure.

I love badgers and I understand once they've decided to come into our garden there's little we can do to stop them, other than concrete instead of herbacious borders. My question is, what will they eat? Will all my bulbs be dug up? I have masses of tulips, daffodils etc.

I'm thinking of digging up the best ones if this is the case, I have photos of where everything is.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Chantal, I had Badgers destroy all my sweetcorn a couple of weeks ago....stripped the lot, bless them.
I think it was probably down to the exceedingly dry weather and them not being able to get there normal food.

So the ones in your garden may do very little harm, now we have had some decent rain...I think worms play a large part of their diet..
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic