Ladybirds

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Hurray. Three seven spot ladybirds in the garden this morning so the Harlequins haven't taken over. There are plenty of aphids for them to eat so they should do well. I was wondering if I'd see any at all this year so very pleased.

All the butterflies are doing well too.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

The Ladybirds have been doing a great job for me this year....the Broadbeans started getting Blackfly and these were cleaned up, now there are some Blackfly on my Runner Beans and again, the Ladybirds have moved in, in large numbers....lovely to see.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

You two must be cornering the market in Ladybirds as I,ve hardly spotted one all summer. Very few butterflies either apart from the dreaded white of which we seem to have a daily plague.
Have noticed that whitefly seem to have started breeding on my greens. Once there they're impossible to shift.
retropants
KG Regular

lots of butterflies here, especially on my daily cycle to work through the park. Had 3 visits from Jersey tiger moths this last couple of weeks.
Attachments
IMG_2254.JPG
IMG_2254.JPG (1.3 MiB) Viewed 7518 times
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

That's beautiful Retro. We dont get them up here. We've had a few Hummingbird Hawk moths though.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've counted about 38 ladybirds this morning. They are mostly seven spots with a few harlequins and they are mating and laying eggs all over the place. It's great to see them thriving for a change and they are doing a good job clearing up the black fly with the help of lots of hover flies.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Not seen a Ladybird up here yet.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic