Strange day

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

robo
KG Regular

There we where three of us down the plot sitting outside our shed sipping tea putting the world to right , the next thing was a duck landed right in the middle of the plot when I say landed it was more of a belly flop, the duck looked startled got on its feet and wadled over to the chicken coup where we caught it, it is a young bird estimated to be four to six weeks old it has part feathers and part down it's wings are tiny and mostly down with a few feathers they are too small to get it airborne , the question is how did it manage to get from the canal or pond both around half a mile away to our plot the fence around the plot is a good eight feet high, I came to the conclusion that a hawk had picked it up with the intention of eating it only to find it was a bit to heavy and dropped it the only problem is there are no marks or punctures on its body unless it has been ejected from an alien craft
Westi
KG Regular

Blimey Robo - bet that was a conversation stopper!

Maybe it's an omen you need a duck pond on the plot to keep the chickens company.

Westi
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Westi we where over four hours trying to find it somewhere to live until it could fly,at one point it was coming home with us to live in the fishpond
Pawty
KG Regular

My mum had a duck stuck down her chimney last year- ended up getting it out by putting the leaf blower at the bottom. It survived the experience and was reunitited with its wife who was waiting on the roof - We never figured out how the duck got in there in the first place. Funny, but very cool creatures.

Pawty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic