Sheer sea magic...

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Marigold
KG Regular

Gerry wrote:You may, or may not, all know about the dolphin called Fungi who has lived in Dingle Harbour for years. Boat trips to see him are run by locals and one local (who obviously is not involved) told me that "Fungi has made the idle rich".

Ah yes! I avoid these exploiting popularity stunts; prefer my wild life wild and free and solitary. And the wild places in blissful winter... Just gearing up for the season here with Saint Patrick's Day almost on us and i revert to my very early morning outings when the lands and sea are silent and peaceful...
Geoff
KG Regular

My favourite sea magic near you was a tourist trip. Staying with my friend outside Killorglin he organised a trip for us to Skellig Michaeal - what an amazing place for its combination of sea birds (Puffins learning to fly when we were there), views and the monastic ruins.
Marigold
KG Regular

Geoff wrote:My favourite sea magic near you was a tourist trip. Staying with my friend outside Killorglin he organised a trip for us to Skellig Michaeal - what an amazing place for its combination of sea birds (Puffins learning to fly when we were there), views and the monastic ruins.

Indeed yes. Not a journey I have made as I am not able for the steps...Another favourite though is Innisfallen, off Ross Castle in Killarney. There is a herd of deer running wild there ....Longing for years to see puffins live and maybe this or next year. Depends where I relocate to. So many glorious places hereabouts. Recently I stopped on the ring of kerry road as there was a huge horned nanny goat with 2 tiny kids on the wall.. Ah spring!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic