non edible omlet

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Mrs Snip enjoys keeping a few chickens in the garden but this summer we had a infestation of mite which would not clear up despite the regular precautions we had taken and a number of attempts at thorough powder cleaning to kill the mite off.

After some deliberation we decided to get rid of the slatted wooden coop and she chose a plastic coop which frankly, once we had received the flatpack and put it together, I didn't think to be particularly user friendly for either the chickens or us. Mind you it was relatively cheap by chicken coop standards.

Whilst out shopping for my new photographic equipment recently Mrs S decided to put a Samsung 10" tablet into the shopping basket which left me without my intended Christmas present for her.

Yesterday an idea came to me, I just hope it turns out to be a good one. I decided on her Christmas present and ordered online a 3mt Eglu Cube chicken coop with optional covers as supplied by Omlet.
Hopefully at the cost involved it will be user friendly and long lasting.

I've a feeling boxing day is going to involve a certain amount of screwdrivers and spanners. After I have sown some intended show onions of course. :D

Has anybody put one together, any tips ?? I don't think it all just clips together but fortunately I have a wide range of spanners and screwdrivers if need be.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Found the 18 page assembly instruction manual on line, oh joy :D

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Afternoon Pa Snip, did those instructions, include the contact details for the missing parts.... :twisted: :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Well most people play Scrabble after The Queen on Christmas Day. I suspect in the Snip household they will be playing Assemble the Eglu !! Which should be fun after the required amount of festive fizz has been consumed.

Perhaps Pa Snip can gear up his expensive new camera to video the proceedings so that we can all tune in on Christmas afternoon as an alternative to TV viewing. Mind you if it any way resembles our effort years ago to assemble a Welsh flat pack dresser from MFI with the instructions in Chinese, i suspect the censor will be involved at some point. :lol:

Just don't make the mistake of assembling it in the comfort of your lounge and then find it is too wide to get through the door into the garden!
Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Afternoon Pa Snip, did those instructions, include the contact details for the missing parts.... :twisted: :D

Afternoon OH
Had the kit contained any nails I would have suggested you might have hit the nail on the head, Fortunately it doesn't.
50 bolts and 4 wing nuts though plus various clips .......... and ..................... a contact phone number on every page :D

Primrose wrote:Well most people play Scrabble after The Queen on Christmas Day. I suspect in the Snip household they will be playing Assemble the Eglu !! Which should be fun after the required amount of festive fizz has been consumed.

Perhaps Pa Snip can gear up his expensive new camera to video the proceedings so that we can all tune in on Christmas afternoon as an alternative to TV viewing. !

Hi Primrose

Despite the seeming clarity of the instructions I have a feeling we shall be playing 'Givus a Cluedo'

Broadcasting live events will not be possible as the producer did not take kindly to my comments about lack of hot food after a particularly long day filming a new plot recently.
It is therefore likely we shall have to record events and broadcast them at a later date on Amazonian Uno

alan refail
KG Regular

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Primrose
KG Regular

Crikey, that's quick. I couldn't consume a glass of festive fizz that quickly !
Pa Snip
KG Regular

I would take bets that it would take longer than 5 minutes to do battle with the tape and open that number of boxes. :D

robo
KG Regular

He could have done it quicker if he could have speeded the film up a bit more, then again you won't be short of cardboard if you down the no dig route
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

The bigger problem is, he hasn't realised he won't be able to get it through the narrow gate, to get it where his wife wants it... :D

So no making it up in the front room, Pa Snip.... :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

So that Mrs S has no idea about this until Christmas day I am having it delivered to my daughters house on 21st Dec.
We had already arranged to visit my daughter on Christmas Day for dinner

The snag is I cannot start clearing the area in our garden where it is going to go as that would cause questions to be raised.
It is also where I will have to assemble it

robo
KG Regular

You are going to have a very busy boxing day I hope it's dry
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic