Cats get i to some strange situations!

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Primrose
KG Regular

Did you see this story in the press of a cat who accidentally took off in a glider?

http://uk.businessinsider.com/cat-cling ... 015-6?r=US

We had a cat who one day climbed into our next door neighbiur's car with open windows on his driveway on a summer evening to have a quiet snooze. Neighbiur later climbed into his car to drive off to his night shift and halfway down the road nearly crashed when a frantic cat leapt on him from behind yowliing his head off. He always kept the car windows closed after that.!
Elaine
KG Regular

I saw that too, on Facebook....the look on the pilot's face when he sees the cat is priceless!

My previous cat, Tibby Puss, had a thing about my son's bags/rucksacks. He was in the RAF then, based at Lyneham and had been home on leave for a couple of weeks. He duly packed his stuff into his huge holdall, picked up his rucksack and packed them all into his car. We said our goodbyes and he set off, so I was very surprised when he came back half an hour later.
"What have you forgotten?" I asked. He grinned, put his rucksack down and unzipped it.....there was Tibby, all comfy amongst his stuff as if she had every right to be there!!

He still wonders what he would have done, if she hadn't meowed and he'd got all the way down to RAF Lyneham with her! :shock: :lol:
Happy with my lot
Diane
KG Regular

Well, that's used up one life each :shock:
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

A cat has taken up residence in my garden and recently has taken to climbing on to the greenhouse roof and going in through the automatic vent. Then he can't get out again.
I've started putting a large dish of water in so he doesn't die if dehydration before we notice him.
Primrose
KG Regular

that could be could be a real problem if you're going away on holiday.
Our cat once got locked in next door neighbour's garage. We knew he was only away for the weekend so rather than force the lock and damage his up and and over door, we put cat food on a plastic bag and slid it under the gap at the bottom of the door and poured water from a watering car through gap too to keep him hydrated. Neighbour was grateful we hadn't damaged his door and accepted that the piles of cat poo he had to clear up were probably the ,easer of the two evils! But I hated hearing the cat crying for two days and like a big softy, spent ages close to the door speaking to him to try and reassure him.
Elaine
KG Regular

Hi Plumpudding. I had the same problem with birds getting into the greenhouse through the automatic vent. I was really upset to find a dead sparrow in there a few summers ago. I solved the problem by covering the whole of the window with wire mesh, so even when the automatic vent opened it fully, the birds could no longer get in.
Happy with my lot
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

That's a good idea Elaine, I'll see if I can find a piece of chicken wire to cover it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic