Dead chickens

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Diane wrote:I have an addictive in my water too...it's called Gin. :lol:

It's the way way to drink water. :D
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Chantal
KG Regular

Motherwoman wrote:Purely for medicinal purposes I'm sure Diane.... :lol: Wonder what would happen if I gave it to the chickens!

I know someone who fed her chickens left over Christmas cake. It was pretty soused in rum and her chickens were staggering around all over the place. :lol: :lol:

They did recover, but were a bit subdued (hungover?) for a day or two.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Bread is a great favorite with my chicken and at this time of year any fruit that's past its best gets stamped on and they dive in, even bananas (I don't stamp on the bananas :lol: ) Never tried them on cake... probably because there's never any left...

MW
robo
KG Regular

The lady i share the chickens with used to go to the supermarket and buy all the fruit that was past its best to feed to the chickens the result was they stopped laying fruit as well as anything green she could get her hands on was fed to them so much they stopped eating the layers pellets it was a long while before i could make her relise she was not doing them any favours
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Mine don't have that much fruit, they're still laying. :D
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've made the mistake of adding a cupfull of de luxe wild bird seed to their pellets and they throw all the pellets on the floor looking for the good stuff.
I've noticed that they are more likely to eat the smaller pellets than the big ones.
They are all laying but not every day with the short day length. They are in the orchard so get plenty of windfalls in autumn and because they have killed all the grass off I give them some greens every day.

They are also partial to cake, bread and other food scraps, but only as a special treat and not every day.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic