Wasps in the wood store

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Catherine
KG Regular

We have a multi fuel stove in our kitchen dining room and an open fire in our lounge. We have a wood store in the garden by our back door. Three times this week we have been sitting in the lounge in the evening only to hear a loud buzzing noise and a very large wasp shooting out of our log basket, very angry and looking for some way out I think.

There is nothing we can do but release them out into the garden. (probably for it to fly back into the log store). :roll:

It has made me quite nervous about filling the log basket. It seems that the log store has become a huge bee/wasp hotel :lol: Not sure how we can stop this happening next year.
peter
KG Regular

Kill those "very large wasps", they sre overwintering queens, each of which will start a new nest next year.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
robo
KG Regular

I have a similar problem when we are in spain our logpile is outside we have to watch for snakes, large toads that you have to stay well clear of and one other is procession catapillars that are very fury but will leave you with a bad infection if you touch them
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic