Mr Toad

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Opened the back door this morning to let the dogs out & a little toad was just sitting on the step. It was raining & he did seem at ease but should he be out and about at the moment?

I have just had new windows & doors put in do you think he was disturbed by this & a bit disorientated? Or do they stay out in the winter? I've found them in the greenhouse before but not in December! We have no pond or anything, the neighbours have a little one but they are away and access to it is all secure right to the ground.

Westi
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Westi, i have seen a couple of frogs in the last week, but as long as the weather doesn't turn freezing really quickly, i think they should still hibernate alright.

I don't think it would be the new windows and doors being fitted.....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Catherine
KG Regular

We have toads in our compost but I am terrified of frogs and toads as I stood on one as a child it squelched through my toes and I cannot look touch or have anything to do with them. If I come across one in the garden I leap feet in the air and scream like a child. Cant help it just one great phobia. Big time. :oops:
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Occasionally, when I let the dogs in the yard in the evening, one daft one will spot a toad and try to pick it up. He soon drops it but comes indoors dribbling and foaming at the mouth for about an hour. Scared the life out of me the first time he did it so I googled it and it's a reaction to what the toad has on his skin. In America if a dog licks a Cane Toad the dog will die.

MW
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic