Chicken poo sampling request.

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Diane
KG Regular

I've been asked to post this request on to any one who might like to take part. I've had my testing kit delivered and sent it all back. It's quite easy and I'm interested to find out what the result will be for my little flock. The request is as follows:

I am a postgraduate student at the University of Lincoln, studying the environment poultry live in. I am looking for participants to take part in a study which will identify the level of Clostridium perfringens in your poultry environments. I will be looking for samples of bedding, feed, faeces, and swabs of the poultry sheds. Only small samples will be taken (approximately 5g of each and a swab of the walls of the shed). The samples collected will remain anonymous. All data and samples collected will be given a number and the name of your farm/company will never be given. At no point will the name of your farm and the number assigned be matched.

Please can you visit the sample collection site faecalphage.com or email me at [email protected] if you are interested in helping me with my project. If you have any concerns or require any information about the study, please do not hesitate to contact me regarding the matter using the email address given above.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Joseph Brown
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'