Swallow day

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Motherwoman
KG Regular

Yesterday the sky above our house was full of swallows, all diving and feeding. Skimming across the fields at about a foot off the ground, very impressive. I'm told they use St Catherine's Point on the southern point of the island as a navigation mark on their flight across the Channel to Cherbourg. Today they are gone.

MW
Geoff
KG Regular

We are on the route for Swallows migrating from further North (the Romans used the same route) and we have had dozens passing today.
Westi
KG Regular

Loads over the channel from you today MW but were heading your way! Sadly I was the only one that downed tools to watch the spectacle - either side just glanced up to see what I was looking at & continued on!

Westi
Westi
glallotments
KG Regular

My friend in South Africa says that the swallows are arriving there.
Monika
KG Regular

We had lots of swalloes congregating over the village nature reserve last week and yesterday, about ten kept swooping down and then leaving together - to go south?

Yesterday a skein of about 50 geese flew eastwards across the allotment, too high to be identified, but possibly pink-footed.

Yes, it's getting 'backendish' and birds are on the move. Won't be long now for fieldfares and redwings ......
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic