Bees...friends or foe

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Mick W
KG Regular

My nieghbouring plot holder intends to install bee hives on one of his 4 plots, not in between his two central plots but only feet away from mine and right next to the area that I use for B-B-Qs, stove top cooking and generally sitting down and relaxing. I have no idea if there may be any dangers attached to me cooking, sitting or even gardening only feet away from bee hives so therefore I'm hoping someone out there may be able to offer some information on the subject. At the very least I feel very uncomfortable with the situation. especially thinking that our 2 young children will be with us for some of the time.
HELP.....
Mick W

From my experiance they are very docile , good natured things bees. They are essential if you have fruit plants for they pollinate them and are essential for a gardens eco - system... :lol: and on the even brighter side u get the sound of buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sarahlee
KG Regular

Talk to your neighbour and ask him to put the hives somewhere else. That is not an unreasonable request. If he will not then talk to the committee. There must be something that they can do.
Chantal
KG Regular

Isn't this thread on the General Chatter section too? I'm getting confused. :?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Mick W
KG Regular

Chantal,
Rugby eh? Just a few miles up the road from me. No need to get confused, I just needed a quick answer and thought a bit more profile would do the trick.
Got it sorted now though.
Mick. (Up the Sky Blues)
Mick W
KG Regular

Well what do you think.....
I am actually on the committee myself...and so is the plot holder in question and that is why I was seeking advice as I didn't want a situation to develope where we were really at logerheads and in a dispute situation. We had a chat this morning and he has reconsidered the positioning of his hives as he hadn't taken into account the close proximity of them to my BBQ etc.
Job done and thanks to all for your thoughts.
Mick.
Chantal
KG Regular

Up the Sky Blues? Never mind, I'm sure there's a cure for it somewhere. I'm being forced to watch Arsenal v Villa Real at the moment (yawn...) and a whole month of the World Cup in about 45 days time. Oh goody.
Chantal

Anonymous

Come off it Chantal, you won't be bothering to watch that daft kickball game. You'll be far too busy up the lottie!

valmarg
Chantal
KG Regular

You don't understand Val; this is an obsession he has and it won't matter what time of day or night I happen to be in front of a TV, that's what will be on, even it's a rerun, chat show, etc etc. If that all fails then I'll have to listen to a kick by kick account of that day's games. :(
Chantal

Sounds like a perfectly normal sort of bloke to me!!
Tigger
KG Regular

This is a football free house - whoopee!
Franksmum
KG Regular

So is ours - wooooppeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pol
KG Regular

Me too - no footie for us!! It's creeping into this site though, several threads have ended up in footie - help! :lol:
Beccy
KG Regular

Well as we now know our bouncy mod's feelings on the subject hopefully we can trust her to be suitably fierce with anybody who brings it up. Go Tigger go!
(not even mentioning the name of the tedious activity :lol: )
Tigger
KG Regular

Grrrrrr. Grrrrrrrr. I'm practising being fierce.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic