Sprout eating kitten

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Chantal
KG Regular

What really floors me is that he will often select vegetables over meat when he's out on the rob! That's not normal. Perhaps I could get him growing is own :lol: :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Westi
KG Regular

So Jealous - aren't they great when they come with distinct personalities! And if my black cat (aka Echo) doesn't get off my head very shortly I may be posting more nonsense than normal! :)

Westi
Westi
Chantal
KG Regular

There are downsides Westi, every night Filbert will wake me by licking my eyelids and gently kissing me. I can just about handle that but not when he tries to stick his tongue in my mouth. Being French kissed by a small cat with sprout breath at 2am is not good for me! :lol: :lol:

I just want him to grow out of this habit. Soon.
Chantal

Westi
KG Regular

:) :) I can't believe he was a wild one - obviously he choose you!

Westi

PS If it isn't sprout breath it will be something else that smells just as bad! I'm currently having the dogs needing 'love' - give me a cat breath anyday! :D
Westi
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

enjoyed the pics of your veggie cat, surprising what they will eat, ours likes peas picks them up in claws one at a time
my dog was funny though - pinched a chilli out of my basket, then ran about trying to ease the hot lips. lol
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Chantal
KG Regular

Filbert is eating boiled potatoes now. Do you think he could be a closet vegetarian? :lol: :lol:
Chantal

peter
KG Regular

Perhaps he has a vitamin or mineral deficiency and is trying to rectify it?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Chantal
KG Regular

That's a thought!

What's the common denominator between:

Boiled potatoes
Boiled carrots
Roast parsnips
Roast sweet potatoes
Raw mushrooms
Lettuce
Rocket
Sultanas
Cake
Olives

Anyone got any ideas?

He eats normal cat food from tins and IAMS biscuits too.
Chantal

peter
KG Regular

Vitamin C?

Ask the vet if its worth worrying about and if a blood test would reveal anything. :?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Chantal
KG Regular

He's been invited in for his "get to know the vet" session, but as he's had all his jabs, been neutered etc, I thought he knew them pretty well already. However, they do talk about nutrition, and it's free, so I may just take them up on it.

Chantal

Flanjamin
KG Regular

We used to have a cat that ate beetroot - the stuff in vinegar!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Chantal, i wonder if it could be something to do with Filberts Feral background, and there laying, survival of the fittest.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Chantal
KG Regular

That's what Sean thinks OH, but as he came to us at only 10 weeks, I didn't think he'd have had the time to learn to scrounge so much, he'd only just been weaned!

However, if it's in his blood, maybe he will eat just about anything, but
Tabitha was also feral, but she's only ever eaten cat food or fresh meat. :?

I spoke to the receptionist at the vet last night and she said to talk to the nurse this afternoon, but she thinks if he's eating all his cat food, is lively and growing well, there's nothing wrong with him, he's just weird. :roll:

Thinking about it, Diego used to eat beetroot, although it was roasted and not pickled. Thanks for reminding me Flanjamin :D
Chantal

Chantal
KG Regular

Just spoken with the nurse at the vet and she says there's nothing to worry about. So long as he eats his IAMS (which he does, by the lorry load) then anything else he scoffs is personal preference, albeit in some cases, unusual ones.

She confirmed that the allium family should be avoided, although the odd bit on onion in his bolognese sauce won't be a problem and also that he should only have a few sultanas at Christmas (he hooks them out of the cake) as apparently any members of the grape family cause renal problems in later life.

So, Filbert is a healthy odd ball, and the nurse says she has one much the same, 8 months old and eats anything (not sprouts as yet). And yes, I did check her cat is not Filbert's brother! :lol: :lol:

I am much relieved and will go back to just laughing at him :D
Chantal

Westi
KG Regular

& the common denominator is you Chantel - you've been amazed, showed it either vebally or more likely 'body language' & just maybe he is grateful & is trying to please the nice gardener who serves these nice treats & enjoys them herself!

Or maybe it is another thing we don't know about cats - after all we still don't know why they purr even - or how!

Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic