Robins

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

PT
KG Regular

Robins have more lives than cats. Digging over the old leek bed yesterday morning, I must have nearly buried this robin at least a dozen times. Glad I didn't it had such a sweet voice.

Dose anyone know if it's usual for robins have more than one nest on the go at the same time?
Last year a robin had a nest on my plot in an old pot. I could see it taking food to the young. But the same bird was taking food to a nest in a hedge about 20 yards away. Maybe a bigamist?
"One of the healthiest ways to gamble is with a spade and a packet of garden seeds"
carrotsticks
KG Regular

:lol: Today when I was digging a patch for me spuds I really got into watching the little cheeky robin going back and forth from the muck with worms. I t had a great feed and I really enjoyed watching it. They're very daring,robins, aren't they? I don't know about your question, though... :)
jopsy
KG Regular

lily and i went up to the garden today
she's very noisy (she is 1) but it didn't scare the robin away who came and sat by us about 30cms away
in fact lily was more scared!
think he's nesting in the big tree
i've never heard of a robin having more than 1 nest before! (though i'm no bill oddie!!)
anthony lamb

I understand that robins believe humans to be pigs (that used to grub about in the forests of old.)and therefore a useful source of free food.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

There you go Mr P, I bet you have a good friendly robin in your garden.

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Johnboy
KG Regular

Aaaaaaaaaaaah sweet little birds but would you believe they are murderous little buggers. If you find a dead one pick it up and nine times out of ten it will have a wound on the back of the head. This has been inflicted by another Robin. They a fearfully territorial and these fights to the death are part and parcel of their lives!!
JB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic