What bird is it?

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

I haven't a photo so bear with me with the description of this little chap that has visited the feeder in the tree twice now.
* He appears to be a wag tail with a little forked tail. Well right size and mannerisms,
* He had a grey chest and his head was a bit stripey black & grey, his wings were grey with black edges.
* The grey chest turned darker toward his tummy and there were a few black splodges.

I thought a pied wag tail but doesn't look like any of the pictures in my books but I have my phone camera on the window ledge ready for a return visit.

Westi
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

Three years ago I was confused by a Wagtail at this time of year and posted a picture viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6470&hilit=wagtail - any help?
Westi
KG Regular

That RSPB site is clever isn't it - Thank You! His wings look like the black cap but he had a stripey head but potentially moulting or a juvenile??? What's the bet the little devil doesn't visit again! :?

Westi
Westi
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Westi,
He has probably now completed his moult and will now be classed as a 'Big Boy' and appears regularly on your plot and he's the one with a smirk on his beak. :wink:
JB.
Westi
KG Regular

:D :D :D
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic