Call this Christmas?

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

alan refail
KG Regular

IMG_0532.JPG
IMG_0532.JPG (52.95 KiB) Viewed 2904 times

My five new pullets, three Bluebelle and two Speckledy, taking shelter on a wet and windy Christmas day.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Or maybe they are saying, "quick girls, hide behind here, do you see what he had done to that Turkey" :wink: :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Tigger2shoes
KG Regular

Alan do your new girls have names yet ? If not call one pintpot for me ...
Long story but i had a chicken called pintpot once and speckled hen is my :) :) favorite beer .....
If I could of done it my way I would of done it by now .......
alan refail
KG Regular

Sorry TTS

They've already got names. The Speckledies are Mrs Jones and Mrs Williams, and the Bluebelles are Dwynwen, Gwenfrewi and Melangell.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Diane
KG Regular

I just love your hens...so pretty. I have pekins and a silkie. Wouldn't be without chooks for all the world now...they make me smile every day.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Tigger2shoes
KG Regular

Yes I know what you mean Diane , I use to keep chickens for years and they were part of the family , the cat would sleep in the nesting boxes and the dog and cock use to chase each other around the garden in a friendly and very funny manner , it was normal on a hot day to see them crashed out in the shade together . The girls use to come and sit in green house with me while I worked or helped to dig over the veg beds . I do miss having them, but I travel to much now and it wouldnt be fair to keep any at the moment . :(
If I could of done it my way I would of done it by now .......
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic