Wheelbarrow water carriers

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

tracie
KG Regular

Hi All,

has anybody tried one of the wheelbarrow water carriers yet?, some are sold under the name H2go.

We have no water on our allotment and I was wondering if I filled it up in my boot if it would leak before I got to my plot, driving sensibly of course.

Thanks for your help

Tracie
who needs the gym when you have an allotment
alan refail
KG Regular

Hi Tracie

An interesting device. I don't think I'll ever need one in wet Wales, with a river alongside :wink:

I don't imagine it would leak in your car. The only thing I would say is that 80 litres of water weigh 80 kilos (or in old money one and a half hundredweight). Even half full I wouldn't fancy lifting it into a car boot.
peter
KG Regular

One litre of water equals one kilogram. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Kleftiwallah
KG Regular

I've made my own. I'll go out and see if I can take a snap. Cheers, Tony.
Kleftiwallah
KG Regular

Behold The Chariot It started out as a stainless steel box in which the egg wash for porky pies was mixed. Originally a wheelbarrow (single wheel) but became too heavy for this old duffer so an auxiliary axle and wheels were fitted. Wheel and tyre assemblies from "The Green Tyre Company" solid and punctureproof.

The device? a battery powered siren to tell me when the chariot is full. Easy Peasy! Cheers, Tony.
Kleftiwallah
KG Regular

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic