Lawn Roller - Water Filled

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

mowerman
KG Regular

Hi everyone,

can anyone tell me if they have ever made a lawn roller which can be filled with either water or sand?.

I have two lawn's, one of which is higher than the other and has steps to access it. Ideally, I want to be able to empty the roller to be able to carry it up to the higher one, empty and store the roller when finished.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
peter
KG Regular

Water will soak away when emptied and a hose can be used to fill.
Sand would need to be dry to flow and would need rebagging after somehow pouring ot out of the roller, which would entail raising it off the ground a bit, plus you'd have to mpve the sand around......
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Ian in Cumbria
KG Regular

I just searched using Google for water garden roller and there seem to be quite a few available.

Regards

Ian
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I hired one from a tool hire company last year when I'd put a couple of new lawns in. I think it cost £5 for the day and they are really useful. I filled it up with the hose and rolled the bottom lawn, then emptied it, carried it up the top of the garden, filled it again and did the top lawn and it worked a treat.
mowerman
KG Regular

Thanks everyone for your input.

I think the hire option sounds good as the search started buying at £60.00 plus. I like to try and make things where possible, it's good to keep the creative mind working. I will post back if any more cost effective options appear other that the hire option.

Thanks again
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic