Bosch mower

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

JohnN
KG Regular

Advice, please, on Bosch electric mower, the largest 43cm one.
My lawn is quite large and this rules out the battery model as I'd need 3 batteries, so is handling a long cable a problem? My lawn is rectangular, with only one tree and a summer house as "obstacles". I favour the Bosch because of previous briiliant after-sales service with hand tools.
I've been using a Hayter petrol for about 12 years, a fantastic machine and the Briggs & Stratton engine starts first time every time. But it's getting near the end of it's days, and a new Hayter is very expensive as well as being a bit heavy for me in my dotage. :cry:
I thought I'd get the electric mower before the Hayter gives up, and just use the petrol one occasionally when conditions of grass length etc might give the Bosch problems.
All views welcome, thanks
John N
peter
KG Regular

A pre-owned Hayter?

Secondhand in posh that is!

My Hayterette is pushing thirty five years old and on its second engine. The alloy deck has only just lost a bit from the leading edge last year. My Harrier's upper told down section of handle sheared off six inches above the pivot on the lower hoop this weekend. Unsure how old it is, but I bought it secondhand in 1992.
Both these kept a 3/4 acre garden under control until 2007 and since then have done an allotment site paths.

Cannot praise the make highly enough.
In fact I consider them too well made for the sales sheet.;)
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic