long handled tools

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

lez
KG Regular

I do not know if this has been posted before but I have been trying to puchase a long handled digging fork. I have looked at certain sites on the web but the forks I have seen seem very fragile in that the shank between fork tines and handle are short. If anyone has recently purchased one or regulaly uses one please advise on how you get on with it. thanks and good luck to all.
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello lez,
For our Autumn/Winter work I have been using a Wilkinson Sword Lifetime Power Digging Fork....it came from a Wyevale garden centre.
They were available late last Summer as a full size digging fork also there was a border fork version...also one was specified with a slightly longer handle..which is the one I went for..in full size. They are a Boron Steel fork..not stainless...but should soon polish up in use and a clean down after use.

My colleague has run a previous version of same for at least 10 years now and it has stood up to it well....sensible but regular everyday professional use....(for ref work is at a large country house garden).

The forks are a diamond back tine, which we like, just like a potato digging fork rather than a square tine...

I have struggled to find a link to show the fork...but one version is shown on this link
http://www.capitalgardens.co.uk/v3/life ... 19926.html

I am not sure if it is the longer shaft version shown or not and I post it just for reference...you would need to enquire further...to make sure you get the full size digging fork with longer handle..

Clive.
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Lez

I use long handled forks and spades which I buy from Aldi and Lidl. They have beech and stainless steel, cost around £8 each and I think they're brilliant. I've been using mine for the past 6 years and they're as good as new. They usually start stocking them around this time of year.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic