Wolf-Garten Tools

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Funny how things go, i only went and snapped the handle today.
It was my fault really, i was hoeing a veg plot for someone and came to the last bit where they had been walking and there were some big clumps of grass. Should have gone and got a fork. :oops:

Still very annoyed with myself.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
haggis
KG Regular

Oh dear - bit expensive that OH. The weather down your way must be a bit drier than it is here. I tried out my new push pull hoe but the soil is really too wet at the moment....
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning haggis, that is the only disadvantage of the push pull hoe, but you wait until the soil dries and you will soon see the benefits.

I have left the broken handle, right where i can see it every time i go to get to the tool shed, to remind me how stupid i was.

Clive.
KG Regular

Talking of Wolf-Garten...

It has been lawn scarifying afternoon at home here today....1980s Atco electric lawn rake followed by a trim and a vacuum up using 1990 Wolf E30 Cub electric rotary mower.... a lovely machine. :)

Wolf had been fitting powerful induction motors for years whilst other manufacturers had been using high speed brushed motors....

..and when I used to tell a potential customer that the mower would fill the grassbox absolutely to the top even under damp conditions....it was no idle claim...I knew it would do exactly as I described.....

......and it still does... :)

Clive.
haggis
KG Regular

Just a note to say that I don't know how I ever managed without these tools. The push pull hoe is my favourite tool now - so easy to use and you can cover a fair area in no time at all. So impressed that I am about to order one for my dad for his Xmas. Thanks to all who recommended it!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Haggis, glad you have got on well with the Hoe, also nice to see you on the forum. :)

Clive.
KG Regular

I still look out for the pre multi star interchangeable handle/tool types.

..and if I can find a new old stock item then that is the business... :)

...just like the other day when I came across a brand new old stock Wolf 5 tine cultivator drag...still in pristine old light green paint.. :)

Now should I use it and get it all dirty...or keep it in my curiosity collection to the left of me as I sit at my computer... :?

Clive. :wink:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic