Soil ph meter

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

helen2
KG Regular

I;m considering buying one of these as an easier way of testing soil. Do they work? Can anyone recommend one? I see one is combined with a fertility meter - any comments would be much appreciated. Helen.
lizzie
KG Regular

Hi Helen

I was thinking of getting one of those but all the old blokes on the lottie said they were inaccurate. I was advised to get a soil testing kit as it was more accurate with the readings.

Hope this helps you.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Allan
KG Regular

Let's say the pH meter can give you a false reading if not used exactly correctly which is not easy, but you can take as many readings as you wish. A chemical kit is slow but easier to get reliable reading, a kit will give quite a lot of tests but the common kit is a 1-test job.
lizzie
KG Regular

I got a kit when I went to the Southport Flower show and it does up to 30 tests. The whole thing cost me £5 which I thought was very reasonable.

It's made by a firm called Westminster. I don't where it's available from. Perhaps a google might find a supplier for you.
Lots of love

Lizzie
vivie veg
KG Regular

West Meters Ltd,
Phoenix house,
Corwen,
Denbighshire,
LL21 0DR
01490 412004
http://www.westmeters.co.uk
I don't suffer from insanity .... I enjoy it!

Vivianne
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic