Tools for clearing an allotment

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

The Mouse
KG Regular

glallotments wrote:Hi Mouse
Your plot looks really similar to ours.

Before all the plots were taken we used to have grass like on the right of your picture trailing over our plot so we ended up strimming half of the next plot too just to keep the weeds back!

I've been doing exactly that at the other end of the overgrown plot for the last two years, (you can't see that part in the photo!), but I've actually managed to take it on officially now.
Since then, the half you see has become rather neglected, but I know my limits - tending my own is as much as I can do, unless they add a few more days (off) to each week, and tell my back to stop complaining. :(

I've heard on the grapevine that people on our site will be getting letters in the future if they don't do enough on their plots, so watch this space. :D
Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
Mark Twain
IanNW
KG Regular

The plot I have is similiar in setup to that of Mouse with grass paths between each plot so the strimmer would be better for keeping the grass down as it is not wide enough for the lawnmower.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic