electric heater versis parafine

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

greenboots
KG Regular

Hi everyone does anyone know which is more econical electric of parafin heaters for the greenhouse :?:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Greenboots, i can't say i have done the figures, but i would always opt for electric heaters if at all possible.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Monika
KG Regular

So would I. You can always control an electric heater with a thermostat that turns it on and off which you can't with the paraffin heater, besides all the bother with filling and lighting it. So, unless you are on hand and can constantly turn the paraffin heater off when the sun warms the greenhouse up, I would think the electric heater is cheaper to run than paraffin, certainly at this time of the year.
Chantal
KG Regular

I agree, electric for me. I did have two parafin heaters but filling them, storing parafin and the fact that on one very cold night the parafin ran out and everything froze, convinced me!
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Tigger
KG Regular

Me too. I use the same one as I have for the dog which you set to a minimal temperature. Doesn't cost a lot and doesn't create a dry atmosphere.
Larkshall
KG Regular

I used to use paraffin heaters but have come to the conclusion that electric fan heaters are a better proposition. As said before, you have more control over the temperature.
greenboots
KG Regular

Thanks all will look into electric then
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic