Wheelbarrow tyres that won't puncture.

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

My friend phoned on Saturday enthusing about a replacement wheelbarrow tyre she had discovered in B & Q. (I was the only person she could think of who would get excited about a wheelbarrow tyre!) They are solid so no punctures, but they are still nice and bouncy.

They are called Green tyres and you can get them from their web site, or B & Q are supposed to stock the 14" ones, but hadn't either got any or heard of them when I went for one today.

They sound brilliant, and I think someone had asked about replacement wheels in the latest magazine.

Have a look at the Green Tyres web site.
Larkshall
KG Regular

It was always possible to get solid tyres on contractors barrows.

These green tyres are not as good as pneumatic tyres, they may be slightly better than solid tyres.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I bought one and it is excellent. Very easy to fit and nice to push around even with a full load. I've now got a useable wheelbarrow instead of it lurking in the corner with a flat tyre.
peter
KG Regular

Cheaper diy-shed barrows tend to have solid tyres, but the tyre is under 2" wide, so sinks very well on soft ground where pneumatic tyres spread the load.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

My new green tyre is the same dimensions as a pneumatic tyre, about 4" thick. I've not tried pushing it on the garden, but it has no problem with gravel paths. I've been using it a lot over the past few weeks and am still very pleased with it. It has enough bounce to get up a step or edge too even though it is solid.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic