water butt

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

nog
KG Regular

0800 11 11 11, is that the freephone order line for Thompson seeds
vivie veg
KG Regular

Piglet,

I cannot believe that your IBCs are non-returnable! We used to pay £560 deposit on the ones which contained our cleaning chemicals and they looked just the same!

It's a shame that you are not closer as I know someone that was looking for them to keep waste chipshop fat in for recycling into Biodiesel. (all above board and legal!)

Another idea is to check out any food manufacturers, they may have 25 litre and larger plastic containers that contained flavourings etc, that can be used, some of these have taps on them to allow easy decanting of their contents. I used to deal with 200 litres of cooking brandy and rum!
I don't suffer from insanity .... I enjoy it!

Vivianne
pigletwillie
KG Regular

I know Vivianne, its almost criminal, the ones that have oil in are returned but the flock ones are scrapped. Thats why there are quite a few on my allotment site.

I get them to the plot and get the plotholder to make a donation to Loros, a local charity.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Chantal
KG Regular

Piglet, what at the dimensions of these tanks? They look enormouse on your photo, but without you or Mrs Piglet standing next to them it's difficult to work it out. Ta :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
pigletwillie
KG Regular

they are the size of a standard pallet and stand about 4ft high. They hold 1000 litres.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic