Teles chainsaws

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

pockets
KG Regular

Does anyone know if this company/people are still trading etc?, Where to find info on them please?. :?

Thanks for info clive, \ A guy i know of has one or more of these machines fitted with a villiers mk25a stroke engine, it has a chain saw blade about 5 ft long what a monster. He is looking for the clutch parts, i will try the people u mention many thanks.
Last edited by pockets on Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,
Refering to Brian Bells book 50 Years of Garden Machinery...it states that Teles-Smith ceased production of chainsaws in 1970..
I don't know if this was a closing of the business or if it was just the end for their their chainsaws..

It looks like they made some fearsome machines including a 3phase electric 2 man chainsaw.

Also a chainsaw with JAP engine on which the cutter head rotated to leave the engine/float carb upright.

Pneumatic powered saws are mentioned too.

Their 1960s saws are listed with Aspera engines..(Aspera is associated with the Tecumseh brand).

I am not familair with their products other than from the above book...and also the Teles Dragsaws that appear in various heritage publications and at old time rallies.

I used to (c.15years ago)deal with a long established company in Worksop/Retford who used to magic long obsolete spares in brown envelopes with rusty staples from their stores to suit the older brands of chainsaw.
http://www.schreinerandwiddowson.co.uk

I wonder if they may be able to assist with more info..??

All the best,
Clive.
pockets
KG Regular

Clive, cud u please tell us the people u recomended in lincs regarding machinary dealers or similar, beleive u said something about trackmarshalls or something???.
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,

The company I mentioned in the pm I sent to you was Robert H. Crawford & Son Ltd, Frithville, Boston, Lincs.
01205 750367

I think it may be best to phone them rather than e-mail...but I add their website address below.

http://www.rhcrawford.com

I have no idea if they will have anything to suit Teles...but they have dealt with Villiers engines and generally have the ability to sort anything old.!!

All the best,
Clive.
Tigger
KG Regular

What would we do without you Clive?!
peter
KG Regular

Spot on Tigger. :D
Tigger
KG Regular

I'd love a brain like Clive's. Come to think of it - I'd love a brain.
Chantal
KG Regular

As a moderator I've been told to keep my trap well and truly shut when posts like that come up! :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Tigger
KG Regular

Touche - without the accent 'cos I can't work out how to put in on. Were we talking about brains?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic