Spending £80

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Geoff
KG Regular

A follow up to favourite tools really.
I retired today and the usual collection was made. I said I wanted a Pure Oasis radio for the garden. Well I got that (one evening testing it seems great) but to my amazement they collected just over £80 extra. I feel I should buy something memorable for the garden with it but I am struggling for inspiration, we have enough trees for example. I thought a special tool might be possible; I have most of the usual ones like ss fork and spade in reasonable nick, any ideas.
tea-shot
KG Regular

Congratulations on your retirement, Geoff. Welcome to the world of being able to garden all day if you want to - or just sitting in the sun if you don't :D
One idea for your consideration is a really comfortable lounger/sun seat to enable you to sit in the sun all day :!: :wink:
gloworm
KG Regular

Get a few chickens
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Geoff, how about getting a matching pair of all-terrain walking sticks, just thinking ahead of course. :shock: :) :wink:

All joking apart, how about a nice piece of sculpture, i really think they can work in a garden,
if you get the right piece in the right place.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

Hi Geoff

Welcome to the world of the retired - the world's busiest people. Teashot wrote:

"One idea for your consideration is a really comfortable lounger/sun seat to enable you to sit in the sun all day."

You won't have time :!:

If you haven't heard it already, the commonest thing we retirees say is; "Don't know how I ever found time to go to work!"

Now, chickens, not a bad idea. Keeps you at home, at least.

Cofion gorau

Alan
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Geoff
KG Regular

Good call tea-shot - went out and bought some seats yesterday afternoon, thanks for the prompt. Focus is now 10% off everyday for the over sixties by the way.
We've tried chickens, muscovy ducks and guinea fowl previously and didn't get on very well
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic